Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Little Dress...Big Impact.


I admit I'm feeling a bit down since Mother's Day.  Having lost my mum in October last year, it really hit home how much I miss her and would give anything for her to be in the land of the living.  Not that I need a special day for the loss to hit home because everyday she's on my mind.  So I send out special love to all those who have lost their mum's.  On the odd occasion she came in and watched me interact in SL, she was fascinated by the concept and thought it was hysterical when I was Miss Australia in Miss Virtual World 2009.  She thought my outfits on that day were beautiful and booed when I didn't win saying the judges were blind...only a mother eh?

Anyway today I'm featuring a new release dress from Kanou called 'Monica' shown in Turquoise.  Monica is also available in Chocolate, Pistachio, Raspberry, Tangerine and Wine colors.  Its a gem of a dress and I love the fancy straps and flared trim on the bodice.  It sells for a mere L$150 which is an excellent price for this sexy little number. 


The hair flower is from Miel.  I do have a soft spot for hair adornments and usually pick them up around the place.  I admit to having a splurge on hair at Diva.  They have lucky boards there that change every 5 minutes so its well worth spending some time there and if you're lucky, your letter will come up and you will have some great free hair.  This style is called 'Kall' in Moon Stone color.  I think designer Marisa Kira has created such realistic hair and her ability to produce whispy, flowy styles gives a whole new dimension to SL hair.


Again I headed over to Slink to purchase some more add-on shoes compatible with their natural feet.  This style is called 'Fabric Pumps' in black.  The bag I picked up from Indyra Originals called 'Marina Shoulder Tote'.  I'm very impressed with the realistic texturing and gold hardware.

Credits:

Hair: Kall in Moon Stone from Diva
Skin: Zoe in Pearl tone from Tuli
Eyes: Vanity Eyes in Glen color by IKON
Hands and Feet: Slink
Shoes: Fabric Pumps in Black made for Natural Feet by Slink
Bag: Marina Shoulder Tote from Indyra Originals
Dress: Monica in Turquoise by Kanou
Hair flower:Tulip Headband (recolored) by Miel
Earrings: Dynasty Gold Earrings from Indented Fashion
Watch: Aurbierre by 7891
Bracelet: Lowicz Peacock Wood Bracelet by Glow Studio
Nails: From Flair

Please note, I hope these LM's are correct.  SL was being a pain due to rolling restarts and I was unable to get the LM's from the world map like I usually do.  If they are wrong, I apologise.

No comments:

Post a Comment